Instagram is not only a social network for entertainment anymore, but a powerful marketing tool. Anyone who prepares to open a new business, at some point in their business plan realizes that powerful Instagram account is a must. It will help you achieve social trust and also will be playing a role of “hub” to redirect traffic to your website. Especially this is true for ecommerce business.
Why Instagram is the most attractive platform for making money ?
Marketing research shows that there has been a redistribution of the offline sales market to online through sales in online stores. This is especially true for the recent years, when strict quarantine restrictions were in effect and ordinary stores were closed. There is also a clearly noticeable bias in favor of sites accessible from mobile gadgets. It is explained by the fact that the phone is always at hand, and all needs have long been closed with its help. This is why selling on Instagram has become so popular.
This is also confirmed by statistical studies for 2020:
- Over 1 billion people use Instagram every month.
- 81% of people use Instagram to search for products and services.
- 55% of fashion shoppers made a purchase based on an Instagram post.
- The monthly growth of subscribers in Instagram business accounts is 46%.
- 90% of Instagram users follow sales. That is, they use the social network not only for personal purposes, but also subscribe to brands, business pages.
- 200 million Instagram users visit at least one business profile every day.
- The gender composition on Instagram is fairly even: 51% women and 49% men.
- The country with the highest percentage of Instagram reach is Kazakhstan (72% to be exact).
- 500 million active users view Instagram Stories of business accounts every day.
- 70% of Instagram users are under 35.
- The growth in the number of the solvent category (25+) for the year amounted to 42%.
- All this suggests that Instagram has become the center of business development around the world. Clothing brands and others in open online stores are taking advantage of the word-of-mouth marketing features offered by Instagram. The site is currently recognized as one of the best places to make money.
How to set up an ecommerce Instagram account?
The first step for you will be organizing your Instagram account in a nice way. You need to write in brief what is your business about in your Instagram bio. A good step would be buying Instagram followers from sites like 1000volgers (if you use it for Dutch audience) or 1000seguidores for Brazilian Instagram followers. You can buy post likes and video views too, so your account becomes more attractive and rises in Instagram algorithm. The next step will be preparing photos and videos of products which you are going to sell. Watermark them with your website link. You can also talk about your business in more generalized posts, focusing on the human factor. For example, post photos of customers using your product. Alternatively, you can show subscribers behind the scenes of your work. Usually people like to look at the real life of others. Instagram posts should demonstrate your trustworthiness. This tactic should be followed even if you do not have your own business. For example, you can open an online store on Zazzle or Etsy. Then create an Instagram account and drive traffic to your store through posts published in it.
How to sell on Instagram in 2023 ?
It is very easy to sell your products on Instagram. All you need is an online store on Instagram, a free platform that you probably already use for personal purposes. Access to your online clothing store, opened on Instagram, will be in the pocket of each of your potential buyers – through his smartphone.
To open an online clothing store on Instagram, we recommend connecting a business profile. In this way, you will create a commercial base for sales (selling from a personal account is unlikely to be taken seriously) and will be able to use additional features and settings available only for such accounts.
Features available for business accounts
- detailed statistics;
- targeted advertising;
- an active link for communication in the field with biographical data;
- access to the Instagram Shopping functionality in the near future.
How to switch to a business account for an online clothing store on Instagram?
Register through your Facebook account, or log in using your email/phone.
Through the settings, select the type of account “business”, then – “clothes”.
In the settings, through linked accounts, log in through the Facebook business page (this is necessary to run paid advertising).
These actions are intuitive – anyone can handle them without the need for training. Business account activation is free of charge.
Entering the e-commerce field is really easy. And it is this simplicity that has created this level of competition. It is very difficult to answer how much you will earn and how quickly you will recoup the costs. Here, much depends on the start-up capital, preparatory work and market industry analytics. If you have experience in getting buyer traffic through Instagram, it will be much easier for you. If you managed to find quite original options for sales, then the costs will be minimal, and hence the payback period will be short. Another thing is if you are trying to break into a big game with branded products: things, clothes, appliances and smartphones. Here you have to fork out for advertising campaigns.